How to Pick Your Next Roof Installer!
How to pick your Metal roof installer!
We realize that we at Bjorkstrand Metal Roofing are not the only metal roofing company in the area BUT we are the only ones dedicated to stone-coated metal roofing ONLY. You will be in your home for many years to come so you are on the right path with your choice of metal roofing over asphalt shingles again. Why make the same mistake twice; you know the saying “fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.
Please consider the following of every roofer you get an estimate from.
- Are they a Licensed Roofing Contractor? Our license in Wisconsin #1114840. This is important because Wisconsin law requires it to install roofing. There are two licenses you need one for the company the other for a qualified person (1114841 is mine) . Get their license #number so you can check with the state.
Look for companies that install metal roofing only!
- How long has the company been in business and for how many years have they been installing metal roofing? This is important for stability and their knowledge of metal roofing. There are a lot of companies that install asphalt and are very good at it. They will try to talk you into an asphalt roof by giving you a huge $ price on metal roofing and a much more reasonable price for asphalt, hoping you select the latter.
- Get a list of the metal roofs they have completed. This is important because it shows the level of experience they have in the trade. A good metal roofing company should have well over one hundred installations completed.
- Now get some names and addresses so you can drive by some of the homes. Take a look at the color of the roof; note the style of the roof panel itself and also the type of home it is installed on. See if you can take some photos and check them out at arms length at your home. Then get samples.
- Make sure the companies you get bids from are insured. We are fully insured which means we not only have $2,000,000 in liability insurance but we also have the workers compensation insurance on all of our employees. Our insurance company is Big Rivers in Menomonie. We do not use subcontractors that may or may not be supervised on the job, do they? How about subcontractors workers compensation insurance and liability?
- We have an owner installing our product on your roof and he works with the employees on every job. Brad has been installing metal roofs for over six years and has installed over 200 and counting. Brad is very focused on his attention to detail and your complete satisfaction.
- We will give you a 10 year warranty on our workmanship to supplement the 50-year Non-Prorated product warranty. We only install Gerard metal roofing because of that warranty. So if something does happen, we will take care of it, promptly, free of charge. All other stone coated roofing companies warranties depreciate after 20 years.
- We are a family business and we have been around since 1960 with fathers/sons working side by side. So we are not going anywhere soon.
- We are the only metal roofing company that is certified to install Gerard Metal Roofing in Northwest Wisconsin. You can be assured that your project will not be a learning experience. Many of our competitors are just starting to install metal roofing as asphalt shingles become increasingly expensive and metal roofing becomes increasingly more popular. Are they certified? Ask to see their certification. Did you hear of any of them before you heard of us? Enough said!
“A LOW BID MAY NOT BE THE BARGAIN IT SEEMS TO BE!”